ALBURGH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Alburgh Parish Council meeting held on Thursday, 7th January, 2021 at 7.30pm by video conferencing.
Parish Councillors present:
Mr. Soanes: Chairman, Mr. Denny, Mrs. Stewart, Mrs. Davis, Mrs. Gladden-Fenn
Also attending: Jackie Ellis: Clerk, Margaret Stone: County Councillor, 12 members of the public
- Welcome by the Chairman
Mr. Soanes welcomed everyone to the meeting
- To receive apologies for absence – Chris Brown: District Councillor
- To receive declarations of interest in items on the agenda – None
- To approve and sign the minutes of the meeting held on 5th November 2020
Cllr Stewart asked for an inclusion to be added to Item 12 – to state that the majority of parish councillors who supported the planning application were 4 and who did not support it were 2. These were signed by Mr. Soanes as a correct record.
- Parish Councillor Vacancy – To co opt Tina Hair to the parish council
Gill Gedge resigned from the parish council after the last meeting. The parish council thanked her for all her hard work during her time as a councillor.
Tina Hair has applied to become a councillor and all parish councillors agreed that she should be co opted to the parish council tonight. Glen Soanes welcomed her.
The clerk will send all the necessary paper work.
- Open Forum for Public Participation: an opportunity to hear from members of the public
- Ref: Planning application 2020/1754 – a parishioner asked if we could add comments to South Norfolk Council regarding limitations relating to noise levels. This was agreed.
- A complaint has been made to South Norfolk Council regarding the conduct of Alburgh parish council and planning application 2020/1754.
- A parishioner asked if anything could be done about dog fouling which is specifically bad around Kings Acre area and Old Dears Lane. It was agreed to investigate this further and to provide additional dog fouling signs.
- The sign for ‘The Street’ has letters missing. This will be reported to Highways.
- To receive inspection report on the Playing Field to update playing field rota
Mrs. Gladden-Fenn did inspection and all was in good order.
The hedging has been replanted along the paths near the allotments.
Repairs to the Zip wire have been completed.
Mr. Soanes will ask our existing contractor for an estimate on grass cutting for the coming year.
The clerk will compose a new inspection rota.
- To discuss Film Nights, thoughts on when to re commence
Mr Denny thought that it was not likely that these would re commence until at least September 2021.
- To discuss erosion of grass verge at the junction of Church Road and Paynes Hill – request by Cllr Davis
This verge has been completely eroded by traffic and is now up to the hedge line. It was agreed that we would ask Highways what measures could be taken to prevent further erosion.
- To receive reports from District and County Councillors
In his absence Brendon Burnard, District Councillor has emailed a report. It provides updates on the District Council plans to support residents and local businesses while the new lockdown is in place. As this is quite lengthy it was agreed that this will go on our web site.
Margaret Stone, County Councillor provided information on the new sites opening up for the coronavirus vaccine as organised by the Clinical Commission Group. For our area, the vaccination centre will be in Poringland. She has also sent an email from Norfolk County Council with lots of information which will also go on our web site.
- To discuss Planning Applications received since last meeting
Ref: 2020/2388 – Agricultural Buildings at Friends Farm, The Street, Alburgh. This is a notification for prior approval for a proposed change of use and associated building works of 2 no agricultural building to 2 no dwelling houses
This item was adjourned as unfortunately time ran out on our Zoom meeting. This will be discussed at a meeting to be arranged for next Thursday, the 14th January at 7.30pm.
- To discuss Budget/Precept setting for 2021/22
Each councillor has received a copy of our discussion document for our 2021/22 budget. This was approved by all councillors.
It was agreed by all councillors to set the precept to £6,500.00.
- To approve Complaints Procedure and Planning Policy
These 2 documents have been circulated to all councillors by email. All councillors are happy with them and both were signed and adopted at the meeting tonight.
- Payments to be made since last meeting and record money received
Clerk salary £312.00, allowance £52.00 for 2 months
HMRC Paye £45.73
Community Heartbeat Trust, Annual Support Cost Year 5 £151.20
Homestead Nurseries, Hedging £28.80
Caps and Links for Zip Wire £23.33
Donation to Redenhall with Harleston Town Council for car parking contributions for Harleston £100.00
It was agreed to pay the clerk an additional, one off £50.00 for additional work carried out.
£200.00 for recycling centre
£47.56 UK Power Networks, Wayleave Payment
- To agree items for the next meeting
This will be held on Thursday, 4th February 2021 at 7.30pm via Zoom in line with Covid 19 regulations.
- Close of Meeting
Mr. Soanes thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting at 8.45pm.
Mr. Soanes, Chairman – 4th February, 2021.