1030

 

ALBURGH PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Alburgh Parish Council meeting held on Thursday, 7th October 2021 at 7.30pm in Alburgh Village Hall.

 

Parish Councillors present:

Mrs Davis: Vice Chair, Mrs. Gladden-Fenn, Mrs. Hair, Mr. Thompson

 

Also attending: 7 members of the public, Jackie Ellis; clerk, Cllr Chris Brown

 

1.Welcome by the Vice Chair; Mrs. Davis

As Mr. Soanes, the chairman is absent tonight, Mrs.Davis chaired the meeting.

 

  1. To receive and accept apologies for absence: Mrs. Poulter, Mr. Soanes, Mrs. Stewart

 

  1. To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed – None

 

  1. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting

The minutes of the September 2021 parish council meeting were signed by Mrs. Davis as a correct record.

 

  1. Open Forum for Public Participation (maximum 10 minutes): an opportunity to hear from members of the public

Speed Watch – Could the data/graphs be reported, published and sent through to the police.  We will ask Mrs. Stewart to do this.

Website needs updating with new councillors – Clerk to arrange.

Could public participation be moved to the end of the meeting?  The clerk will enquire on this.

Member of the public has attended a Police accountability engagement session and asked about illegal hare coursing.  And also updating the speed watch equipment.

 

  1. To receive reports from District and County Councillors

Report received from Cllr Chris Brown, District Councillor

  • Much of South Norfolk Council’s attention is focused on the local economic recovery from the pandemic.
  • A Future Office Accommodation project has been commenced, to review the expected office requirements for South Norfolk and Broadland Council’s. With the increase in home working and flexible working arrangements there is a need to review the current accommodation and whether it fits with the needs of the council.
  • The councils new website is now live at southnorfolkandbroadland.gov.uk
  • The Norfolk Strategic Flood Alliance has produced a strategy. A new Flood reporting line has been created, 0344 800 8013.

 

We asked Cllr Brown about the Mill Road Planning application and why it was taking so long.  He said that he would take this up with the planning officer for us.

 

  1. To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting and not on the agenda

Mrs. Davis has taken the original village hall lease in to the Solicitors. To date we have not received a reply.

 

  1. Correspondence – None received

 

  1. To receive update on Big South Norfolk Litter Pick, to be held on 16.10.21

Mrs. Gladden-Fenn has arranged to pick the equipment up from the depot and advertised this event.  All help welcomed.

 

  1. To receive inspection report on the Playing Field, update on the Pond and new Hedging

Mrs. Davis did inspection.  All was in good order.

 

1031

There is a lot of rubbish being left by recycling bins.  The Sign here says ‘household recycling area’, we feel it should say ‘Glass only’.  Cllr Brown said he would look in to this.

The Pond, Mr. Soanes has been in contact with the Norfolk Wildlife Trust and they have viewed the pond.  Their suggestions were:  thinning the plant life on the edge of the pond behind the fence and thinning the plant life within the pond. When these steps were done we could then reassess whether the pond needs silting. To discuss further at next meeting.

The Hedging, some more hedging is needed to replace the ones that have died and we were a bit short when ordering originally.  Mrs. Gladden-Fenn offered to get this.  All agreed.

The Gate, Discussions on where to put the gate that has been donated.  The Village hall committee feel that the gate is not needed. Further discussions to be held at next meeting.

 

  1. To adopt Co Option Policy

All parish councillors have received a copy of this and all agreed to adopt this policy.

 

  1. To discuss re commencing Film Nights

After discussions it was agreed to start these again in January 2022. Booking will be by telephone and will be advertised in the parish magazine. The new schedule of films comes out in November. Cllr Hair will organise.

 

  1. Allotments:

To discuss the Gate to the Allotments – already discussed.

Clearing the Wortwell Allotments – Mr. Soanes will organise a skip to clear this and will let us know by email the date.

Allotment Invoices – It was agreed to keep these the same as last year.  Clerk to send invoices out.

 

  1. Training for new councillors

It was agreed to organise this for the whole council.  Clerk to organise this.

 

  1. To report on planning decisions, applications commented on since last meeting – None

 

  1. To approve payments to be made and monies received

Payments:  J Ellis, Clerk salary and expenses £185.60

Mr. Thomas for hedging cutting £200.00

HMRC Paye for second quarter £117.00

Donation to River Waveney Trust £140.00

Receipts:    SNC Precept £3,250.00

 

  1. To receive items for the next agenda

Millennium Garden

Film Nights

Training

Broadband – discuss full fibre to premises

Dog Poo Bins

 

  1. Any other business – None

 

  1. To confirm the date of the next meeting

Mrs. Davis thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.35pm.

 

Next meeting will be Thursday, 4th November 2021 at 7.30pm in Alburgh Village Hall.

 

 

Mr. Soanes, Chairman Alburgh Parish Council, 4th November, 2021.