ALBURGH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Thursday, 1st June 2017 at 7.30pm in Alburgh Village Hall.
Parish Councillors present:
Mr. Denny – Chairman
Mrs. Gladden-Fenn – Vice Chairman
Also attending: 7 members of the public, Dr. M Gray: District Councillor, Mrs. M. Stone: County Councillor, Mrs J Ellis: clerk.
1 Welcome by the Chairman
- To receive and accept apologies for absence: Mrs. Goose sent her apologies which were accepted.
- To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed – None
- To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting
The minutes of the May 2017 meeting were signed by Mr. Denny, Chairman as a correct record.
- The meeting was adjourned from 7.36pm to 7.37pm for public participation but no member of the public had anything to say.
- Reports from our District and County Councillors
Mrs. M. Stone reported as follows:
- It is a quiet period at present – meetings will not start until after the general election
- There are 84 county councillors at Norfolk County Council
- County councillor’s are now given £6,000 to spend on highway matters in their ward – further details to follow.
- Mrs. Stone has been elected as Vice chairman to the county council
Dr. M. Gray reported as follows:
- The parish boundaries review has been put back a month, deadline now 12th July for comments.
- There is an Annual show at South Norfolk on 2nd July called South Norfolk on Show.
- The Extension to the village hall – Dr. Gray has applied for £10,500 to SNC.
- To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting
The fridge magnets and key fobs have arrived from Community Heartbeat
Mr. Denny has put in an application to claim Wayleaves for the electric poles on the playing field.
Mrs. Goose attended the Police meeting at Long Stratton on the 24th May. The meetings are to replace police attending parish council meetings and to update us on what has been happening. Meetings will be held quarterly. Mrs. Goose typed a summary of the meeting which will be held on file if anyone wishes to see this.
- Update on Film Night
Mr. Denny reported: The last film showing was ‘Sully’ and was again well attended.
- Joint Parish Council Meeting – Thoughts on guest speaker
Duncan Slate from Scole; supporting walking with the wounded.
Harleston branch of U3A
Harleston & District Dementia Friendly Community
Norfolk Wildlife Trust
Waveney Valley Community Archaeology Trust.
It was agreed to contact the Dementia group and Duncan Slate in the first instance.
Provisional dates to look at 7th, 21st and 28th November.
- Emergency First Aid Training
Thoughts on First Aid Training as a follow up to the Defibrillator training. It was agreed that this is a good idea and the clerk will speak to Denton parish council with regard to sharing this.
- Millennium Garden – No Dogs Sign
The garden needs a new sign as the original is now broken. This will be looked in to.
- Playing Field Report and quote for new sign
Mrs. Davis did inspection. All was in good order.
The zip wire needs attention. Mr. Denny and Mr. Renaut will sort this.
The clerk has chased Diss Signmakers and was told that the sign should be ready this week.
- To report on planning decisions, applications commented on since last meeting
Ref: 2017/0871 – Alburgh Village Hall Extension to store-room. Approval with conditions.
- To complete the annual return audit form from Mazars
Mrs. Ling has now completed the internal audit. The clerk and chairman signed the relevant pages of the return which will now be sent to Mazars.
- To approve payments to be made and monies received
Payments: J Ellis, Clerk salary £178.55 plus expenses £20.93
Moviola Ltd £189.60
Mrs. L. Ling – Internal Audit £45.00
Norse – 6 monthly grounds maintenance charge £196.40
Community Heartbeat for magnets and key fobs £75.60
Receipts: Film Night £436.00 plus £29.00 ice creams
- To receive items for the next agenda
Village Hall – request for donation
The date and time of the next parish council meeting will be Thursday, 6th July 2017 at 7.30pm.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8.09pm and reconvened at 8.15pm for public comments
Members of the public mentioned that the sound quality of the last film was not good. Mr. Denny will look in to this.
Heating Oil has been stolen from ‘The Dove’ on Station Road.
- Close of meeting
Mr. Denny thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.20pm.
Mr. Denny, Chairman Alburgh Parish Council, 6th July 2017.