Alburgh is a village and civil parish in the county of Norfolk, England.
The parish has an area of 6.42 square kilometres and in 2011 had a population of 410 in 172 households.
The village is 3 ½ miles north east of Harleston and its church, All Saints, has a large Norman porch and large tower. Alburgh had a post mill that had a single storey roundhouse with a 155 foot diameter footprint and a tailpole.The mill was powered by two sails and two double shuttered patent sails, each with 7 bays of 3 shutters and 1 bay of 2 shutters.
A pamphlet has been produced to coincide with the renovation of the memorial, organised by Alburgh Parish Council, for 2011. Copies can be had from Ruth Walton or inside the church.
Kellys Directory entry of 1883
Alburgh had 2 pubs, the Tradesmans Arms and the Kings Head plus there were also two earlier Beer-houses, sadly now there are none. You’d can find out some more details on Norfolk Pubs
Here’s link to Kings Head Today