ALBURGH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Thursday, 4th January 2018 at 7.30pm in Alburgh Village Hall.
Parish Councillors present:
Mr. Denny – Chairman
Mrs. Gladden-Fenn – Vice Chair
Also attending: 3 members of the public, Dr. M Gray: District Councillor, Mrs J Ellis: clerk.
1 Welcome by the Chairman
- To receive and accept apologies for absence: Mr. Renaut, Mrs, Beckett, Margaret Stone
- To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed – None
- To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting
The minutes of the November 2017 meeting were signed by Mr. Denny, Chairman as a correct record.
- The meeting was not adjourned for public participation as no member of the public had any comments.
- Reports from our District and County Councillors
Dr. M. Gray reported as follows:
- Update on the Parish Boundary Change of Greenland Barn move to the parish of Alburgh. The first round of discussion has been held and the second round was held recently where the move was agreed. The problem is the ward boundary is not fixed by the district council so it is possible that Greenland Barn will be in the parish of Alburgh but the ward of Harleston for voting purposes. This could possibly be changed by boundary commission.
- SNC are talking to Broadland about sharing officers. The first stage of this will be on planning, This is a trial period for one year.
- Consultation about to start on greater Norwich local plan.
- Long Stratton leisure centre is to be modernised.
- To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting
The clerk has completed the funding form from the parish partnership for the possible additional speed cameras in the village.
We have received a letter from Norse regarding the cost of the grounds maintenance. From 2018 there will be a 3% increase making our annual charge £337.16 plus VAT.
The Highway rangers are coming to Alburgh and it was agreed that we would ask them to clean out the concrete drains which are blocked at Low Road and the bottom of Station Road.
- Update on Film Night
The children’s Christmas film ‘Trolls’ was shown on 21st December, 2017. This was well attended.
It has been decided to stop the food on film nights due to complaints about the frying smells. It was agreed to let people bring their own food if they wish.
- Playing Field Report and to discuss Play Area Inspection Report
Mrs. Gedge did inspection. All was in good order.
Discussions on Play Area Inspection Report
The recommendations were discussed and a plan was made to put these right.
The clerk to ask DisSigns to do a label which needs to be fixed to the basketball equipment with the following wording: ‘This equipment has not been designed for misuse’. ‘Do not climb on the framework’, ‘Do not hang on the ring’.
- To discuss and approve new Risk Assessments
The clerk has prepared new Risk Assessments and each councillor has received a copy of these prior to the meeting to look at. These were discussed and a few minor changes were proposed. The clerk will amend and forward to councillors for approval at next meeting.
- To discuss what training we would like and to confirm date provisionally set for 20th February 2018
Wortwell parish council have shown an interest in joining us and suggested that the subject be GDPA as this is coming in to effect in May 2018. It was agreed that this would be a good topic and also to include some new councillor training.
Denton parish council may also be interested in joining us.
It was decided that it was too short notice to organise for February now and to go for March or April. Mr. Denny will contact Mr. Renaut to check when the hall is free and to come back with a couple of dates.
- To report on planning decisions, applications commented on since last meeting
Application Number: 2017/2032 – Mr M Davidson, Denbridge, The Street, Alburgh. Erection of two single storey dwellings. Approval with conditions.
Application Number: 2017/2451 – Mr R Bond, Land off Low Ditch Road, South Farm, Alburgh. Change of use to site two holiday railway wagons and minor alterations to two existing small buildings. Approval with conditions.
- To set the precept for 2018/19
All councillors approved the budget and all were in agreement to keep the precept the same as the previous year at £6,000.
- To approve payments to be made and monies received
Payments: J Ellis, Clerk salary for 2 months £337.70, plus expenses £39.60
HMRC Paye £8.40
Microsoft Office 365 Personal Renewal (half cost) £30.00
Receipts: Film Night £228.00 plus £17.00 ice creams
Donations from Childrens Film afternoon £21.43 and £26.00 for ice creams
Wayleave Payment £291.57
- To receive items for the next agenda
Discuss change of meeting dates for April and May.
The date and time of the next parish council meeting will be Thursday, 1st February 2018 at 7.30pm.
Mr. Denny will be on holiday for the February meeting and so this will be chaired by Daphny Gladden-Fenn.
- The meeting was not adjourned for public participation (maximum 10 minutes) as no member of the public had any comments.
- Close of meeting
Mr. Denny thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.25pm.
Mr. Denny, Chairman Alburgh Parish Council, 4th January, 2018.