ALBURGH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Alburgh Parish Council meeting held on Thursday, 7th June 2018 at 7.30pm in Alburgh Village Hall.
Parish Councillors present:
Mr. Denny – Chairman
Mr. Stiffel – Vice Chairman
Also attending: 4 members of the public, Mrs J Ellis: clerk.
1 Welcome by the Chairman, Mr. Denny
- To receive and accept apologies for absence: Mr. Renaut, Dr. M. Gray; District Councillor, Margaret Stone; County Councillor
- To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed – None
- To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting
The minutes of the May 2018 meeting were signed by Mr. Denny as a correct record.
- The meeting was adjourned for public participation from 7.34pm to 7.36pm.
A member of the public asked about the Stiles on footpaths and who is responsible for these as there is one broken near the church. Mr. Denny advised that they are the responsibility of NCC. Clerk to report this to NCC and to also ask when they are mowing the footpaths?
- Reports from District and County Councillors – None
- To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting –
Dr. Murray Gray has advised that the CAF Committee have awarded Alburgh parish council the full £4,380 towards the purchase of Homersfield Picnic Site. This makes the total donations to date £12,570.00. We are therefore in a position to go ahead and purchase the site.
Mr. Denny has contacted Sprake & Kingsley Solicitors who have quoted approx. £1,500 to £2,000. All councillors were in agreement to go ahead with this.
We believe that the Land is registered on the picnic site but if not NCC will register it.
It was also agreed to look in to the playing field and the whole ground of the village hall site to be registered with Land Registry.
- Correspondence – None
- Update on Film Night
The last film showing was ‘Finding Your Feet’ and was again well attended.
- Update on GDPR
We have taken steps on this. We now have a privacy notice on the website detailing our procedures. Other steps such as the chairman now having a new email address and a disclaimer has been put on the clerk’s email. It was agreed that we would register with ICO. At present their web site is down due to them being very busy. The clerk will keep trying.
- To discuss the progress on speed cameras in village
NCC have advised that our bid for SAM2 has been successful and will be funded up to 50%. We have received a cheque for £3,125.00. Gary Overland has approved the sites for the speed cameras. These will be delivered shortly and demonstrated by Roy of Westcotec.
- Playing Field Report
Mrs. Gladden-Fenn did report – All was in good order.
The bark has been received and has been put in place.
After discussion it was agreed that we should have the hedges cut before the Fete. It was also agreed to stipulate that there are no dogs allowed on the playing field at the Fete.
- To report on planning decisions, applications commented on since last meeting
Ref: 2018/0041 – ES Bond & Son, South Farm, Alburgh. Approval with conditions.
Ref: 2018/1085 – Mr & Mrs Whiteley, Bali-Hai, Station Road, Alburgh. Proposal: Rear kitchen extension, attic conversion with roof lights, front porch and new roof and cladding to existing side extension. Parish councillors had no objections.
- Audit for 2017/18
- To complete and sign Section 1 of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2017/18 – the Annual Governance Statement 2017/18
- To complete and sign Section 2 of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2017/18 – the Accounting Statements 2017/18
- To decide whether Alburgh parish council should submit a Certificate of Exemption from an external audit
- To confirm the dates for the notice of the period for the exercise of public rights
All parish councillors approved the above and Sections 1 and 2 were completed and signed.
The dates for the notice of the period for the exercise of public rights was agreed.
These will all be published on the website.
- To approve payments to be made and monies received
Payments: J Ellis, Clerk salary £144.95, plus expenses £21.60
Norse, Grounds Maintenance 6 monthly charge £202.30
Glowgreen Ltd £2,150.00 for half payment for new boiler in village hall
Mrs L Ling, Internal Audit £45.00
Moviola Ltd £123.00
Simons Landscaping for playing field Bark £128.00
Receipts: Film Night £200.00 plus £7.00 ice creams
NCC SAM 2 Funding £3,125.00
The clerk is entitled to a 2% pay rise as agreed and published by the National Joint Council for Local Government Services from April 2018. This was agreed to be paid and to be back dated to April 2018.
- To receive items for the next agenda –
The date and time of the next parish council meeting will be Thursday, 5th July 2018 at 7.30pm.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8.09pm and reconvened at 8.10pm for public participation (maximum 10 minutes)
A member of the public mentioned that the pot holes have been repaired.
- Close of meeting
Mr. Denny thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.11pm.
Mr. Denny, Chairman Alburgh Parish Council, 5th July, 2018.