ALBURGH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Alburgh Parish Council meeting held on Thursday, 5th July 2018 at 7.30pm in Alburgh Village Hall.
Parish Councillors present:
Mr. Denny: Chairman, Mr. Stiffel: Vice Chairman, Mrs. Gladden-Fenn, Mrs. Davis, Mrs. Gedge,
Mrs. Beckett, Mr. Renaut
Also attending: 4 members of the public, Mrs J Ellis: clerk.
1 Welcome by the Chairman, Mr. Denny
- To receive and accept apologies for absence: Dr. M. Gray; District Councillor, Margaret Stone; County Councillor
- To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed – None
- To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting
The minutes of the June 2018 meeting were signed by Mr. Denny as a correct record.
- The meeting was not adjourned for public participation as no member of the public had any comments to make.
- Reports from District and County Councillors
In his absence District Councillor, Dr. M. Gray submitted the following report:
- The council meeting on 12th July is expected to give final support to the partnership between SNC and Broadland district council. Savings of over half a million pounds per year per council are expected over the next 5 years.
- Planning application expected to be submitted soon for the Hempnall crossroads roundabout. Applications for the Long Stratton bypass and 1800 houses are under discussion but not expected at committee until the autumn at the earliest.
- To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting
NCC have cleared most of the footpaths in the village. There is one which they have not done which is at the bottom of Vinegar Lane. A working party was arranged to clear this on Monday, 13th August.
There is a change of time for the bus No. 84. The bus from Norwich will now be in Alburgh Street at 9.27am, then go up to Denton for 9.33am, then return to Alburgh Low Road for 9.38am, arriving in Harleston at 9.50am.
The next South Norfolk Public Meeting will be held at the Memorial Hall in Harleston on Wednesday, 11th July between 7 and 9pm. Mrs. Gladden-Fenn, Mrs. Davis and Mr. Denny said they would attend.
Mr. Denny has instructed Sprake & Kingsley to deal with Homersfield Bridge Picnic Site.
It was agreed that if the solicitors need paying before the next meeting that they could be paid.
It was proposed to have an Open Day to celebrate when the purchase is complete.
Mrs. Davis has looked in to how we find out information about the playing field being registered.
- Update on Film Night
The last film showing was ‘Three Billboards’ and was well attended although numbers are slightly down.
The clerk has received a phone call from a gentleman offering ‘Fish and Chips’. It was felt this would be a good idea. Mr. Denny will give the gentleman a call.
- Update on GDPR – ICO Registration
The clerk has now registered with ICO for a fee of £40.00 per year. This fee now has to be paid. It was agreed to pay this by direct debit as we receive an annual £5.00 reduction.
- To discuss the progress on speed cameras in village
The speed cameras have now been installed and Roy Payne from Westcotec has been out and given a demonstration and operation of the signs.
Clerk to check the insurance on these.
Mr. Denny has bought 4 padlocks for security.
- To discuss Allotments
A meeting has been arranged for Monday, 16th July at 6.00pm with Mr. Denny, Mrs. Ellis, and Wortwell parish council clerk to discuss the allotments. The outcome of this will be discussed at the next meeting.
- Playing Field Report
Mrs. Gedge did report – All was in good order.
2 large bins of tin cans were left in the recycling depot.
- To report on planning decisions, applications commented on since last meeting
Decisions made: None
Applications received: None
- To approve payments to be made and monies received
Payments: J Ellis, Clerk salary £154.45, plus expenses £21.60
Moviola Ltd £104.20
HMRC Paye £147.40
S & A Garden Services for hedge trimming around millennium gardens £90.00
Westcotec for 2 x SAM2 Units £7,500.00
Mr. Denny for 4 padlocks £42.38
Glow Green Ltd – new boiler supply and installation for village hall final balance £2,150.00
(It was agreed that this could be paid if needed before next meeting).
Receipts: Film Night £192.00 plus £25.00 ice creams
SNC Grant for Purchase of Land £4,380.00
- To receive items for the next agenda
The date and time of the next parish council meeting will be Thursday, 6th September 2018 at 7.30pm.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8.09pm and reconvened at 8.11pm for public participation (maximum 10 minutes)
Mrs. Beckett thanked everyone for coming to the Fete which was well attended.
A member of the public said that there has been a new bus time table installed.
- Close of meeting
Mr. Denny thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.14pm.
Mr. Denny, Chairman Alburgh Parish Council, 6th September, 2018.