965

ALBURGH PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Alburgh Parish Council meeting held on Thursday, 6th September 2018 at 7.30pm in Alburgh Village Hall.

 

Parish Councillors present:

Mr. Denny: Chairman, Mr. Stiffel: Vice Chairman, Mrs. Gladden-Fenn, Mrs. Davis, Mrs. Gedge,

Mrs. Beckett, Mr. Renaut

 

Also attending:  3 members of the public, Dr. M. Gray; District Councillor, Mrs J Ellis: clerk.

 

1     Welcome by the Chairman, Mr. Denny

 

  1. To receive and accept apologies for absence: Margaret Stone; County Councillor

 

  1. To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed – None

 

  1. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting

The minutes of the July 2018 meeting were signed by Mr. Denny as a correct record.

 

  1. The meeting was adjourned for public participation from 7.35pm to 7.47pm.

A member of the public gave an update on Speed Watch.  She is a volunteer herself and there are now 6 volunteers and they are looking for more to support it.  There has been a higher police presence in the village recently.  This is due to the fact that they have been recording over 11 vehicles speeding in each hourly session.

There followed discussions on speeding through the village and Mr. Denny gave an update on the new speed cameras.  Mr. Denny said that we were not against speed watch being carried out in the village.

 

  1. Reports from District and County Councillors

Dr. Gray gave the following report:

  • SNC partnership with Broadland district council was agreed at a meeting in July. Staff from both places will be shared.
  • There will be a Consultation on Greater Norwich Local Plan soon.

 

  1. To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting

The two speed cameras have been added to our insurance.  There is no additional premium until our next renewal date on 1st June, 2019.

 

  1. Correspondence – None

 

  1. Update on Film Night

The last film showing was ‘The Post’ and was well attended. The new ‘Fish and Chips’ Van proved to be popular. The next showing will be ‘The Guernsey Literary and potato peel pie Society’.

 

  1. To discuss Allotments

There are 3 allotment holders in Alburgh that have not touched their allotments for over a year.   It was agreed to give these 3 people one years notice or they can give up voluntary.

Once this has been completed, it was agreed to tidy the allotments.

 

 

966

A works party has been held to find a drain in the village hall car park. This needs to be found as the car park gets flooded.  This could not be found and so a further works party was arranged for the 8th October, 2018.

 

The Allotments at Wortwell – David Denny and Jackie Ellis have met on site with Lua Leggett, the clerk to Wortwell parish council.   These allotments are in a very bad state and need to be tidied.  Wortwell parish council are going to give their allotment holders one years notice to vacate.  It is then their intention to clear the land completely, put in a water supply, clearly re set the plots and offer them back for rental.

After discussion, it was agreed that we would not put in a water supply as this would be to expensive.  We have already increased our precept to cover purchasing the Picnic Site. It was agreed that we would tidy our side of the allotments.  Mr. Denny will speak to Chris Thomas and ask for a quote for tidying.  It was agreed that we would let Wortwell know.

 

  1. Footpath Clearance

A parishioner has telephoned Mr. Denny to complain about how overgrown the footpath between Station road and Tunbeck was  However since the phone call, this has now been cleared.

 

  1. Farm track machinery misuse on highway

Mr. Stiffel reported that Farm track machinery has been travelling through the village at speed.  They are damaging some of the properties and the roads.  They should not be travelling on the roads and travelling on inflated tyres. It was agreed that we would write to the contractors.

 

  1. Update on Picnic Site

Mr. Denny has received correspondence from Sprake & Kingsley, the solicitors dealing with the purchase of the Picnic Site. The deed of covenant reads as follows:

The owner hereby covenants with the council as follows:  that if at any time within the period of 79 years from the date hereof a trigger event shall occur the owner shall pay to the council a sum equal to 50% of the net development value on the due date.  David Denny will speak to Margaret Stone about this matter.

 

  1. To discuss Feral cats at Three Acre Row

A Lady at Three Acre Row has encouraged Feral cats in by feeding them and they have bred.  The Cat Protection League will not take them away but will neuter them.  They have asked if we would be able to take them to the vets.  One member of the public offered to help.

 

  1. Playing Field Report

Mr. Renaut did report.  All was in good order.

 

  1. To report on planning decisions, applications commented on since last meeting

Decisions made:

2018/1645 – Forge Cottage, Mill Road, Alburgh.  Councillors approved.

2018/1558 – Lyntors, 44 The Street, Alburgh.  Councillors approved.

2018/1445 – Hawthorn Farm, Mill Road, Alburgh.  Councillors approved.

 

Applications received:

2018/1696 – Gaybridge Farm, Tunbeck Road, Alburgh.  Change of use from disused agricultural barn to residential.

Jerry Stone, the agent for this application and the builder came to the meeting to explain this planning application and answer any questions.  After discussion it was agreed that we would approve this application.

 

 

967

  1. To approve payments to be made and monies received

Payments:  J Ellis, Clerk salary £296.50, plus expenses £39.60

Moviola Ltd £118.90

John Whitton, digger work £108.00

Mr Chris Thomas, hedge trimming £240.00

Diesel for Digger £12.00

Receipts:    Film Night £234.00 plus £30.20 ice creams

HMRC VAT Repayment £437.21

 

  1. To receive items for the next agenda

It was asked if the data from the speed cameras could be viewed.  This will be available to view on the lap top at the end of the meeting.

 

The date and time of the next parish council meeting will be Thursday, 4th October 2018 at 7.30pm.

 

  1. The meeting was adjourned at 8.54pm and reconvened at 8.58pm for public participation (maximum 10 minutes)

A member of the public said that there is a new bus time table from 1st September. She will let David Denny have a copy of this to put in the magazine.

Fish and Chip Van – 2 complaints from members of the public about the van not being here when they thought it would be here. Mr. Denny will speak to the owner of the van.

 

  1. Close of meeting

Mr. Denny thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.59pm.

 

 

Mr. Denny, Chairman Alburgh Parish Council, 4th October, 2018.