ALBURGH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Alburgh Parish Council meeting held on Thursday, 1st November 2018 at 7.30pm in Alburgh Village Hall.
Parish Councillors present:
Mr. Denny: Chairman, Mr. Stiffel: Vice Chairman, Mrs. Davis, Mrs. Gedge, Mrs. Beckett, Mr. Renaut, Mrs Gladden-Fenn
Also attending: 5 members of the public, Dr. M. Gray; District Councillor, Mrs J Ellis: clerk.
1 Welcome by the Chairman, Mr. Denny
- To receive and accept apologies for absence: None
- To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed – None
- To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting
The minutes of the October 2018 meeting were signed by Mr. Denny as a correct record.
- The meeting was adjourned for public participation from 7.33pm and reconvened at 7.37pm
A member of the public has looked in to the prices of Gas and Oil and has discovered that oil is fractionally more expensive by 15%. Discussions on putting a Gas supply on in the village.
- Report from District Councillor
Dr. Gray reported:
- The planning application for Hempnall crossroads roundabout has been lodged at Norfolk County Council. This will be determined on 18th December 2018 with construction due to start next year.
- The Local Government Boundary Commission has now agreed that Greenland Barn will, from 2nd May, 2019 be transferred to the Alburgh parish.
- The old toilets in Harleston are due to be refurbished shortly and should be ready early next year.
- To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting
A reminder that Denton are hosting the Joint parish meeting on Thursday, 15th November at 7.30pm in Denton Village hall.
We have received an email from SNC to say that they will be writing to Garden Waste customers to let them know that due to popularity, the day their garden waste bin is emptied may be changing.
Black and Green bin days are not changing.
Denton and Alburgh Magazine presented their accounts for the year ending 30.9.18. The cost of advertising in the parish magazine is having to be raised to cover costs.
Norfolk County Council has made a temporary traffic order affecting the C204 The Street from its junction with Church Road for a distance of 40 metres northwards because of works to connect a new electrical supply. The road will be temporarily closed from 5th November 2018 to 9th November 2018 for the duration of the works.
We have been asked by the Church to do a Christmas Tree for the church. Mrs. Gedge has kindly offered to do this.
- Update on Film Night
The last film showing was ‘The Hatten Garden Job’ and was well attended. The Fish and Chip Van is no longer coming. Mr. Denny will try and find another ‘van’. The children’s film will be ‘Santa Paws’ and will be shown on the 21st December, 2018. There will be popcorn and sweets for sale.
- To discuss any progress on Allotments
Wortwell parish council are getting a quote to clear the whole site and will let us know what this is.
- Update on Picnic Site
Mr. Denny has received instructions from the solicitors that the overage agreement will remain as drafted. If we do not agree to completing the overage agreement then the site will go to auction. After discussion it was agreed that we should agree to this and proceed with the purchase of the land. The next stage will be to sign contracts.
- Playing Field Report
Mrs. Beckett did report. All was in good order.
The pile of rubbish is still in the recycling area.
The picnic tables have been treated and Mrs. Gladden-Fenn has oiled the seats.
- To report on planning decisions, applications commented on since last meeting – None
- To approve payments to be made and monies received
Payments: J Ellis, Clerk salary £148.05, plus expenses £21.60
Paint £27.80, Oil £4.65
Levi Harley Farrow, grass cutting £502.00
David Bracey Play Safety Inspection £102.00
Donations: £40.00 each to Norfolk Accident Rescue, Break, CAB, The Grove, Air
Ambulance, Each, Waveney Trust
Receipts: Film Night £280 plus £43.00 ice creams
Keith Donno £68.96
SNC Adopter Payment £200.00
- Discussion Document for Budget 2019/20
This was circulated to all councillors to look at and come back with any comments at January meeting.
- To receive items for the next agenda –
Play Area Safety Inspection Report
The date and time of the next parish council meeting will be Thursday, 3rd January 2019 at 7.30pm.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8.21pm and reconvened at 8.27pm for public participation
Discussions on how the road diversion will affect the bus route. It was advised to ask the bus driver this.
- Close of meeting
Mr. Denny thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.30pm.
Mr. Denny, Chairman Alburgh Parish Council, 3rd January, 2019.