972 ALBURGH PARISH COUNCIL Minutes of the Alburgh Parish Council meeting held on Thursday, 3rd January 2019 at 7.30pm in Alburgh Village Hall. Parish Councillors present: Mr. Denny: Chairman, Mr. Stiffel: Vice Chairman, Mrs. Davis, Mrs. Beckett, Mr. Renaut Also attending: 2 members of the public, Dr. M. Gray; District Councillor, Brendan Bernard, Mrs J Ellis: clerk. 1 Welcome by the Chairman, Mr. Denny 2. To receive and accept apologies for absence: Mrs. Gladden-Fenn and Mrs. Gedge 3. To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed – None 4. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting The minutes of the November 2018 meeting were signed by Mr. Denny as a correct record. 5. The meeting was adjourned for public participation from 7.34pm and reconvened at 7.38pm A parishioner has looked further in to putting a gas connection to the village. The general feeling on having discussed this with other people in the village was that they are not very keen as people are worried about the cost of connection and having to purchase new boilers. Mr. Denny thanked him for doing this but it was agreed that this would not be taken any further at this stage. 6. Report from District Councillor Dr. Gray reported: • Broadband – SNC is claiming that people now have access to 10mb of broadband speed. There is a new scheme which involves putting a small disc on a pole or chimney. If people are interested in this people can talk to Steve Temple on 01603 425209 and he will check this out. The initial cost is free and then monthly cost of approx. £31.00 per month. • The old toilets in Harleston are in the process of being refurbished. • There are now 4 electric charging points in the car park in Harleston. 7. To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting – None 8. Correspondence NCC have advised us that Tunbeck Road will be temporarily closed from 7th January to 11th January, 2019. We have received an email from the Norfolk Police and Crime Commission. There is a consultation on the subject of ‘Would you pay more for policing in Norfolk’. The PCC will soon have to decide whether to increase or freeze the policing element of council tax. After discussion all councillors were in agreement that we would not like to pay more. 9. Update on Film Night The last film showing in November was ‘Journeys End’. The children’s film shown in December was ‘Santa Paws’ and was well attended. The next film is January 18th, 2019 and will be ‘Mamma Mia’. It has been suggested that we put a children’s film on in the summer. After discussion it was felt that Easter may be a good time to show a children’s film. This will go in the magazine asking for feed-back. 973 10. To discuss progress on Allotments at Wortwell We have written to Wortwell parish council outlining our thoughts for the allotments; mainly being that we felt that there is not a need for allotments and it would be better used for affordable housing. Wortwell parish council object to plans to put housing development onto this site, stating that they do have a demand for allotments. After discussion, it was agreed that we would leave this matter for now and discuss again at a later date. 11. Update on Picnic Site Alburgh parish council have now purchased the land at Homersfield Bridge. It has been suggested that we change the name and to have a sign there. It was also felt that we should have an official opening. Further discussions to be held on this. Waveney Trust are doing maintenance there. At present they are doing work to the decking. They are happy to carry on with this but are short of funds. They need money for materials and it was agreed that we would give them £200.00. Mr. Denny and all councillors wish to thank everyone who donated and we wish to clarify that we will not sell the site. 12. To discuss any issues from Play Area Inspection Report There were only a few minor issues that need attention. Mr. Denny and Mr. Stiffel will meet and go over these issues. It was agreed that we would add some points to the sign and we would get this re printed. The Slide may need replacing. Mr. Denny will look in to any grants that may be available for this. 13. Playing Field Report Mrs. Gladden-Fenn did report. All was in good order. 14. To report on planning decisions, applications commented on since last meeting – None 15. To approve payments to be made and monies received Payments: J Ellis, Clerk salary and expenses for 2 months £336.10 Moviola £95.80 HMRC Paye £74.20 Alburgh Village Hall for meetings and film nights £295.00 Creative Arts East – Film licensing for Xmas Film £96.00 Sprake & Kingsley, purchase of land at Homersfield Bridge £11,527.00 Receipts: Film Night £168.00 plus £12.00 ice creams Wayleave payment from Eastern power network £47.56 Land Registry – returned cheque £4.00 16. Discussion Document for Budget 2019/20 After discussion it was agreed that we would reduce the precept back down to £6,000 this year. 17. To receive items for the next agenda – None The date and time of the next parish council meeting will be Thursday, 7th February 2019 at 7.30pm. 18. The meeting was adjourned at 8.35pm and reconvened at 8.38pm for public participation A member of the public asked what the charging rate on the electric charging points in Harleston were? No body really knew the answer to this. 19. Close of meeting Mr. Denny thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.39pm. Mr. Denny, Chairman Alburgh Parish Council, 7th February, 2019.