ALBURGH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Alburgh Parish Council meeting held on Thursday, 7th February 2019 at 7.30pm in Alburgh Village Hall.
Parish Councillors present:
Mr. Denny: Chairman, Mr. Stiffel: Vice Chairman, Mrs. Davis, Mr. Renaut, Mrs. Gladden-Fenn, Mrs. Gedge
Also attending: 3 members of the public, Dr. M. Gray; District Councillor, Mrs J Ellis: clerk.
1 Welcome by the Chairman, Mr. Denny
- To receive and accept apologies for absence: Mrs. Beckett
- To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed – None
- To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting
The minutes of the February 2019 meeting were signed by Mr. Denny as a correct record.
- The meeting was not adjourned for public participation as no member of the public had any comments.
- Report from District Councillor
Dr. Gray reported:
- The District council has advised that the council tax on a Band D property is going up by £5.00.
- Construction has started on the Hempnall roundabout with completion expected to be in the autumn.
- Gray will be retiring in May. Mr. Denny gave many thanks on behalf of the whole parish to Dr. Gray for all his hard work and he will be greatly missed.
- To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting – None
- Correspondence – None
- Update on Film Night
The last film was Mamma Mia 2 and was again a success. The next film is ‘Childrens Act.’
It was agreed that we would put a Childrens film on in the Easter holidays. The date decided was Wednesday, 10th April, 2019. Mr. Denny will look in to the films that are available and suitable.
- To discuss progress on Allotments at Wortwell
It was decided after discussion that it would be best to discuss this at a meeting with Wortwell parish council. Dr. Gray also offered to attend. The dates we came up with are Thursday, 14th March or the 28th March at 7.30pm. The clerk will contact the Wortwell clerk.
- Issue of Dog fouling – request by resident for dog bins
A resident has asked if it would be possible to have a couple of dog bins in the village. The clerk will look in to the costs of this.
- To discuss SNC Litter Pick
South Norfolk Council are organising their litter pick again this year. We have from the 1st February to the end of May to complete a litter pick and receive £20.00 for doing so. We decided to do this again this year and set the date as Saturday, 11th May 2019 at 1pm. Mrs. Gladden-Fenn will organise this.
It was also agreed to do our own litter pick in the autumn with The Grain. This will be discussed in the summer.
- Playing Field Report including update on new sign
Mrs. Gedge did inspection. All was in good order.
We have received a template for a new sign for the playing field as per the play area inspection report. This was discussed and a few amendments were suggested which the clerk will go back to the sign company with to change.
- To report on planning decisions, applications commented on since last meeting
Ref: 2019/0041 and 2019/0042 – The White Barn, Low Road, Alburgh. Retention of extension. Parish councillors considered the application should be approved.
- To discuss upcoming Elections
The District and Parish Elections are to be held on the 2nd May, 2019. Each candidate has to complete a nomination pack if they wish to stand.
- To approve payments to be made and monies received
Payments: J Ellis, Clerk salary and expenses £169.85
Receipts: Film Night £268.00 plus £24.00 ice creams
Santa Paws Film night £20.00 plus £40 ice creams
Land Registry – returned cheque £4.00
- To receive items for the next agenda
Opening of the Picnic Site
Allotments at Wortwell
Cost of Dog Bins
The date and time of the next parish council meeting will be Thursday, 7th March 2019 at 7.30pm.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8.35pm and reconvened at 8.46pm for public participation
Two members of the public spoke about ‘Hedgehog rescue’ and the work that they do to protect hedgehogs. The would like to make Alburgh a hedgehog friendly village. It was agreed that we would support this and that they could organise an information day at the village hall. They would like some signs to say that Alburgh is a hedgehog friendly village which we agreed to support and possibly fund.
- Close of meeting
Mr. Denny thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.50pm.
Mr. Denny, Chairman Alburgh Parish Council, 7th March, 2019.