983
ALBURGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Alburgh Parish Council meeting held on Thursday, 13th June 2019 at 7.30pm in Alburgh Village Hall.

Parish Councillors present:
Mr. Denny: Chairman, Mrs Gedge: Vice Chair, Mr. Renaut, Mrs. Gladden-Fenn, Mrs. Davis, Mr. Soanes, Mr. Dunbar

Also attending: 9 members of the public, Mrs M Stone; County Councillor, Mrs J Ellis; clerk.

1 Welcome by the Chairman, Mr. Denny

2. To receive and accept apologies for absence: None

3. To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed – None

4. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting
The minutes of the May 2019 parish council meeting and the Annual Parish Meeting were signed by Mr. Denny as a correct record.

5. The meeting was adjourned from 7.35pm and reconvened at 7.40pm for public participation.
The rabbit holes on the footpath have been filled.
A member of the public informed us that there is a wooden bridge at Wortwell, which is on a route which walkers use, that has been closed. The parishioner said that he would report this to the Waveney Trust.

6. Reports from District and County Councillors
Mrs. M Stone; County councillor reported as follows:
• Mrs. Stone is now back to being a County Councillor and asked to be the Chairman of Health overview and Scrutiny panel.
• In November 2018 Norfolk received an additional £12.694m from the Government to spend on road maintenance. New Calvert’s created and patching all over the County.
• Hempnall Roundabout: work has re started after delay for nesting birds. This should be completed by late summer.
• All Hallows is now being run by Norse Care, Norfolks largest Residential Care provider and wholly owned by County Council.
• NCC will be investing £120m in special educational needs and disabilities provision in the County.
• Parish Partnerships: NCC continue to offer some matched funding for Highways schemes.
• Local Member Highways Budget: A new fund has been created to provide each local member with an annual budget of £6,000 to be used on highway work within each financial year.

7. To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting
The Pot holes down Church Road have been scheduled to be filled.

8. Correspondence
We have been notified that a local needs affordable home (a one bedroom bungalow) will soon be available for re-letting by Saffron Housing Trust. It would be suitable for a single person or couple.
It will be advertised by Saffron from 13th June until the 19th June.

984
9. Update on Film Night
The last film showing was ‘The Favourite’ which was well attended.
The family film is due to be shown on the 21st August 2019 at 2pm. The film selected is ‘Dumbo’.
A member of the public asked if sub titles could be put on the films. It was agreed that Mr. Denny will ask members of the audience if this is something everybody would like.

10. Update on the Allotments at Wortwell
A ‘Works party’ was held on the 29th May to tidy up the allotment area. A lot of the area was cleared but there is still quite a lot to do. Another Works party was set for 10th July, 2019 at 10.00am.
With regard to getting the Allotments land registered; Mr. Denny advised that Wortwell pc are not willing to share this cost. This will need to be discussed further and incorporated in our budget next year.

11. Discussion on the proposed new timetable for Bus Service 84
We received notification that there was a passenger consultation underway on Bus service 84, asking for views on a proposed timetable. This timetable drastically reduced the bus service through the villages of Alburgh and Denton. We responded to the consultation outlining that we were not happy with this and suggested that they could trial one bus (return) a week to Norwich and also suggested holding one service in to Harleston (return) on a Wednesday as this is market day.
Following on from this and feedback received from the consultation a revised timetable has been finalised although this is not a lot different to the first one. The new timetable will change from 8th July.
The Borderhoppa are a community transport scheme. There are small membership fees and a cost to the journeys, which are door to door and largely bespoke to each passenger’s requirements.
A member of the public asked whether we could find out whether the passenger numbers we have been given are for fee paying passengers only?

12. To discuss the wording of the new sign for the Picnic Site
Mrs. Gedge has come up with the idea of using the existing board and circulated wording. All were in agreement with this. Mr. Denny will look in to some art work.
It was also agreed that alongside the playing field rota we would do a check once a month at the Picnic Site.

13. To discuss speeding through the village
It was brought up at the last meeting about speeding through the village. Mr. Denny has spoken to Gary Overland at Highways. He forwarded a copy of their current Speed Management Strategy. Unfortunately they could not consider making any changes to the existing speed limit, as there has only been minor increases to the residential development since the existing limit was introduced.
Discussions followed on reducing the speed limit. Parishioners felt that speeding through the village has been getting worse. Mr. Denny explained that the main criteria for making any changes would be if we had a major change in our built environment affecting a long length of the road.
It was asked if we could find out the costs of reducing the speed limit. Mr. Denny will contact Gary Overland again.

14. To appoint three new trustees of the Alburgh Town Lands Estate
We have had two people wishing to be considered as a trustee. As we need three, this item will go on the agenda again next month.

15. Playing Field Report
Mrs. Davis did report. All was in good order.
Mr. Denny will ask for the hedge to be cut around the playing field before the annual Fete.

985
16. To discuss Recognition award for Murray Gray
Mr. Denny has spoken to Terry Hanner, chairman of Denton parish council and they have agreed that this will be discussed further.

17. To report on planning decisions, applications commented on since last meeting
Application Received: 2019/1005 – Field Barn, Broad Road, Alburgh. Proposal: Proposed link and side extension to house swimming pool. Parish councillors approved and had no comments.
Application Received: 2019/1165 – Low Ditch Barn, Low Ditch Road, Alburgh. Proposal: Single storey side extension. Parish councillors approved and had no comments.

18. To approve payments to be made and monies received
Payments: J Ellis, Clerk salary and expenses £169.85
Creative Arts East Screen Licensing £85.40- The Favourite
Creative Arts East Screen Licensing £124.80 – Mary Poppins Returns
Creative Arts East Screen Membership £40.00
Norse 6 monthly charge £330.74
Levi Harley Farrow – October to May grass cutting £144.00
Clarkes of Walsham – 2 x picnic tables £357.98
Mrs. L Ling for internal audit – £45.00
Data Protection Fee renewal £40.00 – due by direct debit on 08/07/2019
Annual donation to Alburgh PCC is £850.00 – we are a year behind on this so now owe
2 years amounting to £1,700.00
Receipts: Film Night £271.00
Parish Book £10.00

19. To approve clerk statutory annual pay increase of 2% from April 2019
The clerks pay is currently £9.50 per hour, a 2% increase takes it to £9.70 per hour. All councillors were happy with this and agreed that this could be back dated to April 2019.

20. To complete and approve the Annual Return for 2019
Mrs. Ling has completed our internal audit. All was in order.
Section 1 – Annual Governance Statement 2018/19 was approved and signed.
Section 2 – Accounting Statements 2018/19 was approved and signed.

21. To receive items for the next agenda and confirm the time of the next parish council meeting as 4th July, 2019.
To appoint three new trustees of the Alburgh Town Lands Estate
Better Publicity for Agenda (Mr. Dunbar)
Picnic site sign
Speed Limits/Signs for the village

22. The meeting was adjourned at 8.50pm and reconvened at 8.53pm for public participation
A member of the public asked for an update on the signage for the Church.
It was suggested that we use Robinsons, the Stationers in Harleston for our sign for the picnic site.

23. Close of meeting
Mr. Denny thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.55pm.

Mr. Denny, Chairman Alburgh Parish Council, 4th July, 2019.