995

ALBURGH PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Alburgh Parish Council meeting held on Thursday, 7th November 2019 at 7.30pm in Alburgh Village Hall.

 

Parish Councillors present:

Mr. Denny: Chairman, Mrs Gedge: Vice Chair, Mrs. Gladden-Fenn, Mr. Renaut, Mrs. Davis, Mr. Soanes, Mr. Dunbar

 

Also attending: 5 members of the public, Chris Brown; District Councillor, Mrs J Ellis; clerk.

 

1     Welcome by the Chairman, Mr. Denny

 

  1. To receive and accept apologies for absence: Margaret Stone; County Councillor  

 

  1. To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed – None

 

  1. To approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting

The minutes of the October 2019 parish council meeting were signed by Mr. Denny as a correct record.

 

  1. The meeting was not adjourned for public participation as no member of the public had any comments.

 

  1. Reports from District and County Councillors

Chris Brown, District councillor reported:

  • Merger of staff is progressing with the intention that as from January they will be one team
  • Review of waste services is progressing
  • It looks likely that we can get funding for the Picnic Area sign from Chris Brown’s members ward but this needs to be clarified. Chris Brown requested that we email him with our request and quote.

 

  1. To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting

The footpath, No. 12, as mentioned last meeting still needs attention.  Mr. Denny will chase this.

 

The parish council leaflet has been finalised and distributed.  Parish councillors agreed that we would not go ahead with the village gates.  

 

  1. Correspondence

Mr. Denny has received a letter received from a parishioner about lorries travelling through the village.

They are concerned that there have been an increasing number of lorries using Alburgh as a shortcut.  There are chicken lorries that come through, but it was felt that this could not be stopped as they are not doing anything wrong. We have been told by the police on many occasions that not a lot can be done about this issue and been told to try and get names, etc and confirmation of where they are delivering to.

 

  1. Update on Film Night

The last film showing was ‘Rocket Man’ which was well attended.

The Children’s Christmas film ‘Aladdin’ will be held on 21st December.

We have applied to Adnams and the Feoffees for a grant for the surround sound system.

 

 

 

996

  1. To discuss quiz night for River Waveney Trust

Julie Davis has offered to organise a quiz night to raise funds for River Waveney Trust.  All councillors felt this was a good idea.  It was decided to hold this on the 14th March, 2020.

 

  1. To discuss grant for litter picking equipment

SNC had a grant available but unfortunately we have missed the deadline for this.

 

  1. To discuss training for all parish council

We have received information from Norfolk Parish Training & Support who offer whole council training for £300.00. It was decided to go ahead with this and a couple of dates were come up with which would be requested.  The topics to be decided next meeting.

 

  1. Village Hall Drains

The village hall need new drains and are waiting for Anglian Water to come out.  The pipes will be re routed.  They have applied to the feoffees for a grant and the rest of the money has been raised through fund raising.

 

  1. Homersfield Picnic Site

We have received an email enquiring why a section of fence has been constructed which blocks off the footpath connecting the bridge from the Flixton Road.  We explained that this was put up for safety reasons and is a temporary arrangement until we put a gate up.  Mr. Denny has now obtained an iron gate and he and Glenn Soanes will put this up soon.  All councillors were happy with this.

 

  1. To discuss Allotments

Wortwell Allotments – Wortwell parish council have tidied their area and marked it out.  They have also kindly cleared our side, except there is a bath and a trailer which need to be moved.  Discussions on what to do with these.

Alburgh Allotments – Mr. Denny has ordered hedging to go beside the ditch. When this arrives we will organise a works party. It was also decided to put a gate from the village hall to the allotment as Mr. Denny has also been given another gate.  A works party was also organised for two weeks time to cut the hedge and the tree.

 

  1. Playing Field Report

Gill Gedge did report. All was in good order.

Following on from the play area inspection report:

Some of the play equipment needs cleaning.  Mrs. Gladden-Fenn will organise this in the spring.

There are some bits of wood that need replacing on the zip wire and some plugs that need putting in, in places.  Mr. Denny and Mr. Soanes will do this.

 

  1. To report on planning decisions, applications commented on since last meeting

Applications received: None

 

  1. To approve payments to be made and monies received

Payments:  J Ellis, Clerk salary and expenses £172.75

Moviola £122.40

S & A Garden Services for hedge trimming for Millennium garden £75.00

Chris Thomas for hedge cutting around playing field £270.00

Levi Farrow for grass cutting £204.00

Receipts:    Film Night £267.00

Donation to sound system £50.00

 

997

  1. To receive items for the next agenda and confirm the time of the next parish council meeting as 2nd January, 2020.

Budget and setting Precept 2020/21

Training

 

  1. The meeting was adjourned at 8.37pm and reconvened at 8.40pm for public participation

A parishioner has spoken to the land owner about confirming ownership of a footpath.

 

  1. Close of meeting

Mr. Denny thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.40pm.

 

 

 

Mr. Denny, Chairman Alburgh Parish Council, 2nd January, 2020.