ALBURGH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Alburgh Parish Council meeting held on Thursday, 10th September 2020 at 11am at Alburgh playing field.
Parish Councillors present:
Mr. Soanes: Chairman, Mrs. Gedge: Vice chair, Mrs. Gladden-Fenn, Mr. Renaut
Also attending: Jackie Ellis: Clerk
- Welcome by the Chairman
Mr. Soanes welcomed everyone to the meeting
- To receive and accept apologies from those members unable to attend
Mrs. Stewart and Mr. Denny sent their apologies
- To receive any declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed
- To approve and sign the minutes of the meeting held on 13th July 2020
These were signed by Mr. Soanes as a correct record
- Update on Playing Field Issues
- The hedges are scheduled to be cut in the Millennium Garden.
- Levi Farrow has been asked to tidy around the playing field, etc by strimming.
- The notice board glass has been replaced.
- Gladden-Fenn will ask for the 2 smaller bins in the recycling area to be taken away as they are not being used.
- One of the boards needs replacing on a piece of equipment on the playing field. Gedge will see if she has a suitable board if not we will have to purchase one.
- Discussion on looking after speed monitors
Richard Gedge has looked after the speed monitors for around 2 years – moving them, replacing the batteries and downloading the data. He wishes to stop doing this at the end of the year and discussions were held on a replacement. It was agreed that we would check on our regulations with how often they should be moved and the data downloaded. We will then approach the Speed Watch Group.
- To discuss Homersfield picnic site repairs
The bollards at the picnic site have been vandalised and need repairing. Mr. Denny has been in contact with the River Waveney Trust and to date we have no further information. This will go on the next agenda.
- Update on Allotments
The allotment rents are due on 11th October and it was agreed that we would keep them at the same price as last year. One allotment is quite untidy and not used a lot so we will ask for confirmation that they do still require the allotment.
We have had a request asking if we have any available allotments. As the alburgh ones are all taken, we will offer the gentleman one in Wortwell and offer to meet him there to plot the area out if he wishes to accept.
- Planning applications received since last meeting
- Ref: 2020/1265 Kings Acre Farm, The Street, Alburgh. Change of use from car workshop to wood craft workshop, primarily hand building bespoke shepherds huts, and fitting and servicing of automatic gates and shutters for local farms and businesses. Councillors approved.
- Payments to be made since last meeting and record money received
Clerk salary x 2 months £302.70, allowance £52.00, mileage £7.20
Lynda Ling for internal audit £50.00
Rackhams for glass for notice board £30.00
Mr.C Thomas for hedge cutting £288.00
ICO Subscription £35.00
HMRC VAT Repayment £3,649.13
Denton PC for training £90.00
Donation to sound system £10.00
- Next Meeting
This will be held on Thursday, 1st October, 2020 at 7.30pm via Zoom in line with Covid 19 regulations.
Items for next agenda: Millennium Garden, Donations, Homersfield Picnic site repairs
- Close of Meeting
Mr. Soanes thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting at 12.00 noon.
Mr. Soanes, Chairman – 1st October, 2020